BYU tennis: men's team back at home to take on No. 45 Boise State
After playing on the road for three weeks, No. 66 BYU men’s tennis returns home for a regional showdown against No. 45 Boise State at 5:30 p.m. MST on Saturday at the Indoor Tennis Courts.
“We’ve had three long, tough road trips,” BYU head coach Brad Pearce said. “It’s nice to be home, getting a full week of practice. I think we’re going to play well this weekend.”
The Cougars (4-4) are 2-0 at home so far this season, as they look to continue the trend against the Broncos (4-2). BYU is 21-13 all-time against Boise State.
“Boise State is a good team,” Pearce said. “We’re all feeling good about playing at home.”
Junior Francis Sargeant will lead the charge against a Boise State roster with four players in the top 15 of the Mountain Region.
At 6-1 on the season, Sargeant is coming off two victories last weekend, including one over Denver’s Henry Craig, the top player in the Mountain Region. Sophomore Andrey Goryachkov also notched two victories, both of which in three sets.
The Cougars will be on the road next weekend in Las Vegas for two matches as they face UNLV on Feb. 14 at noon PST, and San Diego State on Feb. 15 at 10 a.m.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at email@example.com
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- Memphis looking to make most of bowl...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Miracle Bowl, 34 years later: I don't... 17
- Stewart has brought back an identity... 16
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU... 16