BYU tennis: men's team back at home to take on No. 45 Boise State
After playing on the road for three weeks, No. 66 BYU men’s tennis returns home for a regional showdown against No. 45 Boise State at 5:30 p.m. MST on Saturday at the Indoor Tennis Courts.
“We’ve had three long, tough road trips,” BYU head coach Brad Pearce said. “It’s nice to be home, getting a full week of practice. I think we’re going to play well this weekend.”
The Cougars (4-4) are 2-0 at home so far this season, as they look to continue the trend against the Broncos (4-2). BYU is 21-13 all-time against Boise State.
“Boise State is a good team,” Pearce said. “We’re all feeling good about playing at home.”
Junior Francis Sargeant will lead the charge against a Boise State roster with four players in the top 15 of the Mountain Region.
At 6-1 on the season, Sargeant is coming off two victories last weekend, including one over Denver’s Henry Craig, the top player in the Mountain Region. Sophomore Andrey Goryachkov also notched two victories, both of which in three sets.
The Cougars will be on the road next weekend in Las Vegas for two matches as they face UNLV on Feb. 14 at noon PST, and San Diego State on Feb. 15 at 10 a.m.
McKay Perry is the sports information director for BYU men's and women's tennis. Contact him at email@example.com
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- College football countdown No. 45: Harvey Unga
- BYU quarterback Taysom Hill explains why he's...
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12...
- Young cancer patient gives former Cougar Kyle...
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup: Baylor,...
- Twitter reacts to Big 12 expansion developments
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 66
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 60
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 48
- Annual instate college basketball... 37