If you grew up with parents on welfare, wouldn’t it be understandable to expect that’s the way life is as an adult? Only until I came to America for high school did I realize everybody doesn’t travel around every two to four years attending international schools. It was hard for me to adjust in the beginning because my classmates grew up with the same friends since elementary school.
You can’t blame people for making sub-optimal financial choices in general because everything is rational. We do things that make us happy and stop doing things that inflict pain. There is a self-correcting mechanism in personal finance, therefore, we shouldn’t worry about other people. Pushing our way onto others is a sure path to ruining a relationship.
- Sam the Financial Samurai
- How much does President Obama donate to his...
- Which county in Utah has the least poverty?
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- How to rear money-smart kids
- The dangers of financially illiterate...
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we thought
- What increasing rent costs mean for the urban...
- Dave Ramsey says: Invest in growth stock...
- The dangers of financially illiterate... 30
- How much does President Obama donate to... 30
- Balancing act: French ban on... 8
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 8
- U.S. 'tax freedom day' is 3 days later... 4
- Savers beware: Fees may be shrinking... 2
- Photo gallery: Students learn the ABCs... 2
- College football, basketball athletes... 2