If you grew up with parents on welfare, wouldn’t it be understandable to expect that’s the way life is as an adult? Only until I came to America for high school did I realize everybody doesn’t travel around every two to four years attending international schools. It was hard for me to adjust in the beginning because my classmates grew up with the same friends since elementary school.
You can’t blame people for making sub-optimal financial choices in general because everything is rational. We do things that make us happy and stop doing things that inflict pain. There is a self-correcting mechanism in personal finance, therefore, we shouldn’t worry about other people. Pushing our way onto others is a sure path to ruining a relationship.
- Sam the Financial Samurai
- Beware: Tax season is scam season
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Smartphones and the Internet are changing the...
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and nickels are...
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality
- Q&A: Gauge the costs, advantages of long-term...
- Web users no longer trust the Internet
- The disappearing 401(k) and inequality 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 15
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and... 3
- Randy Shumway: China is a vital... 3
- High steaks: Beef prices mooove up 2
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in... 1
- Here are 5 clues to the health of US... 1