Woman escapes from man who jumped in her vehicle, police say
LAYTON — A man who police believe may have been under the influence of drugs allegedly tried to carjack a woman's vehicle on Tuesday.
About 8 a.m., an 18-year-old woman was waiting to make a left turn from Oak Hills Drive onto U.S. 89 when a man came up to her passenger door, said Layton Police Lt. Shawn Horton. She was unable to lock her doors before the man opened the passenger side and got in.
The man then "grabbed her by the throat and pushed her head against the driver’s side window," Horton said. He then asked if he could get a ride.
The woman said no, and got out of the vehicle. The man got into the driver's seat, but apparently couldn't drive a manual transmission car, Horton said. He then got out and began following the woman.
A 30-year-old Layton man saw what was happening and had the woman get into his car, Horton said. Davis County sheriff's deputies nearby also saw what was going on and confronted the man.
Kyle Douglas Booher, 29, of Clearfield, was taken to the ground after not complying with the commands of officers, and was arrested, Horton said.
"It appeared Booher may have been under the influence of drugs, but he refused to talk with investigators and was non-compliant with officers while at Layton PD," Horton said.
He was booked into the Davis County Jail for investigation of robbery, aggravated assault and interfering with an arrest.
Utah state court records indicate that Booher was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia in Layton Justice Court just a few weeks ago.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8