Reward offered for information about 3 Utahns killed in California
SAN DIEGO — The families of three former Utahns killed in California are offering a $10,000 reward for information that helps police arrest those responsible.
On Dec. 24, former Utah County residents Salvatore Belvedere, 22, and Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, were shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego, police said. Gianni Belvedere, 24, Salvatore's brother and Flint's boyfriend, was reportedly with the other two that night but went missing after the shootings.
On Jan. 17, Gianni Belvedere's missing Toyota Camry was found in a strip mall parking lot, 19530 Van Buren, in Riverside, Calif, about 100 miles from the Mission Valley Center Mall. Police immediately noticed a foul odor coming from the trunk of the abandoned vehicle.
Investigators opened the trunk and found the decomposing body of a deceased man.
On Jan. 23, the Riverside Police Department confirmed it was the body of Gianni Belvedere. His cause of death was listed as homicide, but as of Tuesday police had not revealed how he died.
There were no suspects in the killings as of Tuesday.
Anyone with information about the case can call Riverside police detective Rick Wheeler, 951-353-7134, or detective Rick Cobb, 951-353-7135.
The Belvedere brothers and Flint grew up in Utah County and all met while attending the Walden School of Liberal Arts in Provo. All three moved to San Diego in 2011.
When the two were shot, they were reportedly Christmas shopping. They were found inside a car in the parking lot of a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for holiday shoppers.
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- UHP locates owner of doghouse that sparked...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- Man killed in hostage standoff with West...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump over...
- KUTV back on DISH Network; KSL still dark on...
- Planned Parenthood draws support,... 68
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 66
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- Utahns join nationwide protests against... 24
- Commissioner wants new trial as feds... 19
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 18
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Herriman residents upset rehab facility... 13