Reward offered for information about 3 Utahns killed in California
SAN DIEGO — The families of three former Utahns killed in California are offering a $10,000 reward for information that helps police arrest those responsible.
On Dec. 24, former Utah County residents Salvatore Belvedere, 22, and Ilona Gregorievna Flint, 22, were shot in the parking lot of the Mission Valley Center Mall in San Diego, police said. Gianni Belvedere, 24, Salvatore's brother and Flint's boyfriend, was reportedly with the other two that night but went missing after the shootings.
On Jan. 17, Gianni Belvedere's missing Toyota Camry was found in a strip mall parking lot, 19530 Van Buren, in Riverside, Calif, about 100 miles from the Mission Valley Center Mall. Police immediately noticed a foul odor coming from the trunk of the abandoned vehicle.
Investigators opened the trunk and found the decomposing body of a deceased man.
On Jan. 23, the Riverside Police Department confirmed it was the body of Gianni Belvedere. His cause of death was listed as homicide, but as of Tuesday police had not revealed how he died.
There were no suspects in the killings as of Tuesday.
Anyone with information about the case can call Riverside police detective Rick Wheeler, 951-353-7134, or detective Rick Cobb, 951-353-7135.
The Belvedere brothers and Flint grew up in Utah County and all met while attending the Walden School of Liberal Arts in Provo. All three moved to San Diego in 2011.
When the two were shot, they were reportedly Christmas shopping. They were found inside a car in the parking lot of a Macy's store that was staying open until 2 a.m. for holiday shoppers.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22