Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District is seeking nominations at each school for 2014 Teacher of the Year awards.
Each school winner will have a chance to be selected as the District Teacher of the Year, receive additional prizes and recognitions, and be nominated for the Utah Teacher of the Year.
Winning teachers at each school will be announced on March 28. The District Teacher of the Year and two runners-up will be announced by the Canyons Board of Education on April 22, where all school winners will receive prizes and recognitions at a board reception and honors ceremony.
The winners from each school also will take the field at Rio Tinto Stadium during halftime of the May 17 Real Salt Lake match.
Nomination forms can be downloaded at www.canyonsdistrict.org. Nomination criteria include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the district's vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Forms should be printed and submitted to school PTA leaders, or to principals if being filed by school employees, by Feb. 28. The School Selection Committee will consider nominees forwarded by the PTA and employees.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18