Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District is seeking nominations at each school for 2014 Teacher of the Year awards.
Each school winner will have a chance to be selected as the District Teacher of the Year, receive additional prizes and recognitions, and be nominated for the Utah Teacher of the Year.
Winning teachers at each school will be announced on March 28. The District Teacher of the Year and two runners-up will be announced by the Canyons Board of Education on April 22, where all school winners will receive prizes and recognitions at a board reception and honors ceremony.
The winners from each school also will take the field at Rio Tinto Stadium during halftime of the May 17 Real Salt Lake match.
Nomination forms can be downloaded at www.canyonsdistrict.org. Nomination criteria include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the district's vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Forms should be printed and submitted to school PTA leaders, or to principals if being filed by school employees, by Feb. 28. The School Selection Committee will consider nominees forwarded by the PTA and employees.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Behind the masks: Why some Utahns choose...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 33
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 14