Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons School District is seeking nominations at each school for 2014 Teacher of the Year awards.
Each school winner will have a chance to be selected as the District Teacher of the Year, receive additional prizes and recognitions, and be nominated for the Utah Teacher of the Year.
Winning teachers at each school will be announced on March 28. The District Teacher of the Year and two runners-up will be announced by the Canyons Board of Education on April 22, where all school winners will receive prizes and recognitions at a board reception and honors ceremony.
The winners from each school also will take the field at Rio Tinto Stadium during halftime of the May 17 Real Salt Lake match.
Nomination forms can be downloaded at www.canyonsdistrict.org. Nomination criteria include how the teacher shows that students are making progress, supports the district's vision and goals, and exhibits leadership skills and efforts to promote collaboration, student engagement, and community and family involvement.
Forms should be printed and submitted to school PTA leaders, or to principals if being filed by school employees, by Feb. 28. The School Selection Committee will consider nominees forwarded by the PTA and employees.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 21
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15