Utah Grizzlies: Igor Bobkov honored this week as ECHL's top goaltender
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Igor Bobkov of the Utah Grizzlies is the CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week for the week of Jan. 27-Feb. 1.
It marks the second-straight week that a Grizzlies goaltender has captured the award, as Aaron Dell was honored last week after finishing as runner-up the week before.
The 23-year-old Bobkov went 2-0-0 with a 1.00 goals-against average and a save percentage of .966 in two appearances last week, helping the Grizzlies improve to 13-2-2-2 in their last 19 games.
Bobkov turned aside 27 shots in a 2-1 win against Las Vegas on Wednesday and then made 30 saves in a 2-1 victory at Bakersfield on Saturday, improving to 4-0-2 in his last six starts.
A third-round selection of the Anaheim Ducks in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Bobkov has appeared in 13 games with Utah this season posting a record of 5-4-4 with two shutouts, a 2.13 goals-against average and a save percentage of .923. He has also seen action in eight games with Norfolk of the American Hockey League going 5-2-1 with a 2.45 goals-against average and a save percentage of .919.
A native of Magnitogorsk, Russia, Bobkov spent all last season with Norfolk where he appeared in 28 games with a record of 11-17-0, a 3.13 goals-against average and a save percentage of .903.
The Grizzlies return to action Wednesday in Idaho at 7:10 p.m., before heading to Las Vegas for weekend action Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. The weekend concludes in Ontario Sunday at 4 p.m.
Utah returns home Monday, Feb. 17 with a 1:35 p.m. start for Maverik Monday on President’s Day. Fans can get six tickets for $30 with a receipt from Maverik.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30