Hayward, Burke both trying to break out of big shooting slumps
Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin is frustrated watching two of his cornerstone players struggle so much from the field. The Jazz won the first two of the last five games, but if Hayward and Burke had made a few more shots in the last three, the Jazz could very well have won a couple of those games.
“That’s who we have we’ll see how they respond to it,’’ Corbin said. “You’ve got to find a way to get it done. It’s a difficult position to be in, but the games aren’t going to wait for you.’’
Corbin did express confidence in both players and says they can still help the team as they try to fix their shooting woes.
“They’re probably disappointed in their efforts offensively, but there are other things that both of those guys can do to help us win — making good passes and creating pressure on the defense,’’ he said. “It’ll turn if they keep working, and I’m sure those two guys will.’’
JAZZ NOTES: The Jazz had a rare day off with no practice Tuesday, but will practice Wednesday and Thursday prior to Friday night’s game in Dallas. In contrast to Hayward and Burke, one Jazz player who has shot well over the past five games is Enes Kanter, who is 37 for 58 (63.9 percent). Official attendance at Monday’s game was 17,139. On the season, Jazz home attendance is down nearly 1,000 from last year at 17,742 and ranks 14th in the NBA. The next home game for Utah is Saturday against two-time defending champion Miami Heat.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 110
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 81
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33