SALT LAKE CITY — A man who tried to steal a woman's drugs at a homeless shelter was stabbed and hospitalized Monday, according to police.
Just before 4 p.m., officers were called to 210 S. Rio Grande (455 West) where a woman had stabbed a man, according to Salt Lake police. Investigators later watched a surveillance video and said it showed the woman follow the man and "slice" him with a large knife, according to police report.
Detectives learned that the man had allegedly taken drugs from the woman who then retaliated. Both the man and woman were combative with responding officers as well as paramedics
Dina Eldridge, 49, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault.
The man, whose name has not been released, is also expected to be arrested once he is released from the hospital.
— Pat Reavy
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17