SALT LAKE CITY — A man who tried to steal a woman's drugs at a homeless shelter was stabbed and hospitalized Monday, according to police.
Just before 4 p.m., officers were called to 210 S. Rio Grande (455 West) where a woman had stabbed a man, according to Salt Lake police. Investigators later watched a surveillance video and said it showed the woman follow the man and "slice" him with a large knife, according to police report.
Detectives learned that the man had allegedly taken drugs from the woman who then retaliated. Both the man and woman were combative with responding officers as well as paramedics
Dina Eldridge, 49, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault.
The man, whose name has not been released, is also expected to be arrested once he is released from the hospital.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8