SALT LAKE CITY — A man who tried to steal a woman's drugs at a homeless shelter was stabbed and hospitalized Monday, according to police.
Just before 4 p.m., officers were called to 210 S. Rio Grande (455 West) where a woman had stabbed a man, according to Salt Lake police. Investigators later watched a surveillance video and said it showed the woman follow the man and "slice" him with a large knife, according to police report.
Detectives learned that the man had allegedly taken drugs from the woman who then retaliated. Both the man and woman were combative with responding officers as well as paramedics
Dina Eldridge, 49, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault.
The man, whose name has not been released, is also expected to be arrested once he is released from the hospital.
— Pat Reavy
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12