SALT LAKE CITY — A man who tried to steal a woman's drugs at a homeless shelter was stabbed and hospitalized Monday, according to police.
Just before 4 p.m., officers were called to 210 S. Rio Grande (455 West) where a woman had stabbed a man, according to Salt Lake police. Investigators later watched a surveillance video and said it showed the woman follow the man and "slice" him with a large knife, according to police report.
Detectives learned that the man had allegedly taken drugs from the woman who then retaliated. Both the man and woman were combative with responding officers as well as paramedics
Dina Eldridge, 49, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault.
The man, whose name has not been released, is also expected to be arrested once he is released from the hospital.
— Pat Reavy
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15