This new device will help your boss keep track of you at work
Bosses could soon have a new way to keep track of their employees. CNN ran an article on Feb. 2 that examined a new device — the Hitachi Business Microscope — and looked at how it will affect the workforce. The new piece of technology is much like an ID card and helps employers keep track of what their employees do in a day, CNN reported.
“It tracks everything,” CNN wrote. “If you get up to walk around the office a lot, the badge sends information to management about how often you do it, and where you go. If you stop to talk with people throughout the day, the badge transmits who you're talking to (by reading your co-workers' badges) and for how long. Do you contribute at meetings or just sit there? Either way, the badge tells your bosses. The stated intention of this is to increase productivity and get the most out of employees.”
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah... 3