Utah high school football coaches frustrated that many schools have passed over prospects
Hamilton believes one of the biggest snubs involves Alta’s Baron Bruce. He said Bruce was definitely one of the best offensive linemen in the state, but he didn’t receive a single FBS offer and will sign with Weber State — he graduated early and is already enrolled.
If indeed Bruce was FBS-worthy, along with quite a few others who for whatever reason didn’t the offers, such “snubs” should benefit schools like Weber State, Southern Utah, Dixie State and Snow College immensely.
“Personally I don’t think it’s any different than the last five or six years. I really don’t,” said Hamilton. “The majority of your Division I signees traditionally have come from 10 high schools, and this year from those same 10 high schools you’re still seeing the same type of players but you’re not seeing kids signing from those schools.”
Instead, many of those kids are signing at the smaller in-state schools or exploring out-of-state options.
Division I-FBS recruits from the 2014 graduating class
Zac Dawe, Pleasant Grove (BYU)
Kavika Fonua, Syracuse (BYU)
Isaiah Kaufusi, Brighton (BYU)
Jackson Barton, Brighton (Utah)
Kyle Christiansen, Mtn. Crest (Utah)
Amone Finau, Kearns (Utah)
Allan Havili, Stansbury (Utah)
Thor Katoa, Pine View (Utah)
Howard Pututau, Cottonwood (Utah)
Pita Tonga, Highland (Utah)
Joe Tukuafu, East (Utah)
Khyiris Luavai, Granger (Utah)
Chase Christiansen, Stansbury (Utah State)
Preston Curtis, East (Utah State)
Ian Togiai, Hunter (Utah State)
Jonah Trinnaman, American Fork (Utah State)
Derek Hastings, Lehi (Utah State)
Baron Gajkowski, Lone Peak (Utah State)
Dalton Schultz, Bingham (Stanford)
Bryan Mone, Highland (Michigan)
Ula Tolutau, East (Wisconsin)
Korey Rush, East (Nevada)
Tennessee Su’e Su’e, East (Boise State)
Mack Richards, Alta (Hawaii)
Christian Shaver, Jordan (Colorado)
Sam Bennion, Logan (Colorado)
Isaiah Nacua, Timpview (TBD)
Kenyon Frison, Granger (TBD)
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault, riot...
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- The top 25 NBA players under 25: Where do...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as too...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- BYU's Mendenhall, Nebraska's Riley have long...
- BYU football notebook: Experience should be...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 74
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 58
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 32
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 29
- Morning links: Will Michigan beat Utah?... 26
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 25