WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was in stable condition after being hit by a vehicle and run over by two others Thursday night.
The 49-year-old man was attempting to cross 4000 West at 4215 South about 7:30 p.m. when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle, according to West Valley police. The driver of the vehicle immediately stopped, called 911 and checked on the victim.
Several other motorists stopped to render assistance and attempted to block the road with their vehicles, police said.
During that time, two additional vehicles traveling north on 4000 West drove around the scene and ran over the victim as he lay in the street, police said. One vehicle was described as being small and light-colored, and the other was possibly a darker-colored SUV.
The victim sustained numerous broken bones.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 79
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26