WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was in stable condition after being hit by a vehicle and run over by two others Thursday night.
The 49-year-old man was attempting to cross 4000 West at 4215 South about 7:30 p.m. when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle, according to West Valley police. The driver of the vehicle immediately stopped, called 911 and checked on the victim.
Several other motorists stopped to render assistance and attempted to block the road with their vehicles, police said.
During that time, two additional vehicles traveling north on 4000 West drove around the scene and ran over the victim as he lay in the street, police said. One vehicle was described as being small and light-colored, and the other was possibly a darker-colored SUV.
The victim sustained numerous broken bones.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 111
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20