WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was in stable condition after being hit by a vehicle and run over by two others Thursday night.
The 49-year-old man was attempting to cross 4000 West at 4215 South about 7:30 p.m. when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle, according to West Valley police. The driver of the vehicle immediately stopped, called 911 and checked on the victim.
Several other motorists stopped to render assistance and attempted to block the road with their vehicles, police said.
During that time, two additional vehicles traveling north on 4000 West drove around the scene and ran over the victim as he lay in the street, police said. One vehicle was described as being small and light-colored, and the other was possibly a darker-colored SUV.
The victim sustained numerous broken bones.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Police: ICU evacuated after man barricades...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7