WEST VALLEY CITY — A man was in stable condition after being hit by a vehicle and run over by two others Thursday night.
The 49-year-old man was attempting to cross 4000 West at 4215 South about 7:30 p.m. when he was struck by an oncoming vehicle, according to West Valley police. The driver of the vehicle immediately stopped, called 911 and checked on the victim.
Several other motorists stopped to render assistance and attempted to block the road with their vehicles, police said.
During that time, two additional vehicles traveling north on 4000 West drove around the scene and ran over the victim as he lay in the street, police said. One vehicle was described as being small and light-colored, and the other was possibly a darker-colored SUV.
The victim sustained numerous broken bones.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah State aviation student dead after plane...
- Man gets jail time for attempted recruitment...
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14