Matt Gade, Deseret News
SPANISH FORK — Family, friends and supporters attended a vigil Sunday night to honor a slain officer and a deputy who was injured.
A crowd came to the Sports Park in Spanish Fork to remember Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Cory Wride, who was shot and killed inthe line of duty Thursday, and sheriff's deputy Greg Sherwood, who was injured during the same crime spree and chase that spanned 50 miles.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17