Charles Sykes, file, Associated Press
The Rev. James Martin, S.J., recently spoke about the relationship he had with Philip Seymour Hoffman, the late actor who died Sunday, according to The Huffington Post.
Martin and Hoffman worked on a couple of pieces together, including the play “The Last Days of Judas Iscariot,” which Hoffman directed, and “Doubt,” in which Hoffman played Father Brendan Flynn.
“I learned a lot about humility from him,” Martin told The Huffington Post. “Phil treated all the actors — well-known and not-as-well-known — with the same respect and dignity. And in conversation, he would say, 'I'm making a film,' not, 'I'm starring in 'Capote,'' which he was at the time.”
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 43
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 14
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- New Harmony: Ogling the penmanship of... 5
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in... 4