Utah Jazz: Malcolm Thomas named NBA D-League All-Star
Recent Jazz signee Malcolm Thomas has been selected to this year's NBA D-League All-Star Game as a member of the All-Futures team.
The forward is the fifth player ever selected as a D-League All-Star while being a member of the Jazz, joining Lou Amundson (2007), Morris Almond (2008), Kyrylo Fesenko (2008) and Sundiata Gaines (2010).
The game will be played on Feb. 15 at 1 p.m. MT in New Orleans during the NBA's 2014 All-Star weekend. The contest will air live on NBA TV.
Thomas signed with the Jazz on Jan. 25 after he was claimed off waivers from San Antonio. He has played in Utah's two most recent games, averaging six minutes per game. He also played in 10 games while on assignment with the Austin Toros, where he averaged 15.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26