Utah Jazz: Malcolm Thomas named NBA D-League All-Star
Recent Jazz signee Malcolm Thomas has been selected to this year's NBA D-League All-Star Game as a member of the All-Futures team.
The forward is the fifth player ever selected as a D-League All-Star while being a member of the Jazz, joining Lou Amundson (2007), Morris Almond (2008), Kyrylo Fesenko (2008) and Sundiata Gaines (2010).
The game will be played on Feb. 15 at 1 p.m. MT in New Orleans during the NBA's 2014 All-Star weekend. The contest will air live on NBA TV.
Thomas signed with the Jazz on Jan. 25 after he was claimed off waivers from San Antonio. He has played in Utah's two most recent games, averaging six minutes per game. He also played in 10 games while on assignment with the Austin Toros, where he averaged 15.2 points, 9.4 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25