Doug Benc, Associated Press
Did you know the NFL is a nonprofit organization? Despite the league's $255.3 million revenue in 2011, which doesn’t include any earnings by the teams in the league, the league remains tax-exempt, according to CBS News. But should it stay this way? Writer Erik Sherman looked into this question and examined the history and possible future of the NFL as a nonprofit.
“How does an organization that seems all about for-profit business get the soft tax treatment?” Sherman asks.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34