VERNAL — A deadline for public comment on a gas- and oil-development project has been extended 30 days.
The Bureau of Land Management is extending the public comment period to review the Monument Butte Draft environmental impact statement and submit written comments until March 5.
“We remain committed to facilitating oil and gas development on public lands in Utah using a balanced approach that ensures we are managing BLM Utah lands with full public input and participation,” said Juan Palma, BLM Utah state director.
The draft statement analyzes a proposal to drill up to 5,750 new oil and gas wells over a period of 16 years in an existing oil- and gas-producing area in Duchesne and Uintah counties.
The proposed Newfield Exploration Co. project encompasses nearly 120,000 acres south of Myton and would result in about 170 miles of new roads, accompanied by a similar amount of new pipelines and additional infrastructure.
The total new surface disturbance would be approximately 16,129 acres. Additional information about the proposed project is included in the draft EIS, which can be found on the Vernal Field Office website at www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/vernal/planning/nepa_.html.
Reference “Monument Butte EIS” when submitting comments.
Written comments should be mailed to Bureau of Land Management Vernal Field Office, Attn: Stephanie Howard, 170 S. 500 East, Vernal, UT 84078; or email BLM_UT_Vernal_Comments@blm.gov
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Utah native served with main character in...
- Chugging eggnog at office party lands man in...
- Utahn Merlin Taylor is Santa with a cause
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- West High basketball players work to debate...
- Bountiful family receives early Christmas...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 107
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 101
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 35
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 22
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 16