SALT LAKE CITY — Ernst and Young is calling for nominations for the 28th annual Entrepreneur of the Year Awards.
The program has a deadline of March 14 for nominations, with the Utah Region's awards ceremony scheduled for May 29 at the Grand America Hotel.
Past award winners in the Utah Region include Harris Simmons of Zions Bancorp., Aaron Skonnard of Pluralsight, Tim Sullivan of Ancestry.com, and Blake Roney of Nu Skin Enterprises Inc.
Winners are selected in a number of industry categories by a panel of independent regional judges, including previous winners of the award, leading CEOs and private capital investors and other regional business leaders. Entrepreneurs may nominate themselves or be nominated by peers and other business leaders.
Winners are eligible for a nationwide contest, and the national winner will go on to compete for the World Entrepreneur of the Year title in Monaco in June 2015.
To qualify, entrepreneurs must be the founder or an executive who organizes, manages and assumes the risk of a business early in its life cycle or during its growth. There is no nomination fee.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17