Utah Jazz: Marvin Williams not gloating about Seahawks' victory
Ted S. Warren, ASSOCIATED PRESS
SALT LAKE CITY — It would have been a perfect time for Marvin Williams to rub it in after his Seattle Seahawks crushed the Denver Broncos in Sunday’s Super Bowl, 43-8.
Williams, a lifelong Seahawks’ fan who grew up in the Seattle area, talked last week about the Super Bowl and how he would be cheering hard for his Seahawks. But the Jazz forward is taking a low-key approach with his teammates and coaches who were cheering for the Broncos.
“I haven’t said much at all,’’ Williams said after Monday morning’s shootaround. “A lot of people are disappointed in the game that it was, but thankfully I came out on the better end of it.’’
Williams said the first Seahawks game he went to was in the late 1990s at the old Kingdome when Jon Kitna was the quarterback. He remembers how the Seahawks were getting beat badly and his father insisted they leave in the third quarter.
“He made me leave early,’’ Williams said. “I still give him a bad time about that.’’
Williams is one of several players who has missed games with an injury this year, but he said he’s much better after missing Friday night’s Golden State game with inflammation of his right heel.
“I feel much better,’’ he said. “I’m definitely still sore, but I feel much better than I did on Friday. Obviously I was really sore after Saturday’s game, but I was able to get a lot of rest yesterday and I feel a lot better today and hopefully I’ll be able to take some time off tomorrow. I’ll definitely play tonight.’’
Two other Jazz players, Derrick Favors (right hip) and Jeremy Evans (tailbone, right elbow) are listed as "doubtful" for Monday night's game with Toronto.
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- Lone Peak guard Frank Jackson drops...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- Stewart has brought back an identity —...
- Penn State defeats Stanford, will meet BYU...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- High school basketball: Thursday's roundup
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 59
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 44
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31