Hindu journalist shares 'positive interaction' with Mormon missionaries
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
In her Feb. 3 post, Ambaa tells of the friendship she formed with two sister missionaries and details their discussions.
"The last time a pair of Mormon missionaries knocked on my door (two years ago), I was not in the mood. ... But last week two girls knocked on my door, and I didn’t feel as forceful or annoyed as I had before," Ambaa wrote.
"The visit was completely delightful. We told them about our beliefs, and they told us about theirs. It never felt like preaching. They seemed to respect that we weren’t lost souls yearning for meaning. They were so young, and they seemed to approach the whole thing with the air of truly learning about other people and other beliefs."
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- 'Meet the Mormons' an example of church...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Partially paralyzed LDS runner completes...
- Polygamy essays provide information about...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Wright Words: Are you an odd duck?
- Polygamy essays provide information... 69
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 59
- Religious, political leaders in... 35
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 20
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 15
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 15