Hindu journalist shares 'positive interaction' with Mormon missionaries
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
In her Feb. 3 post, Ambaa tells of the friendship she formed with two sister missionaries and details their discussions.
"The last time a pair of Mormon missionaries knocked on my door (two years ago), I was not in the mood. ... But last week two girls knocked on my door, and I didn’t feel as forceful or annoyed as I had before," Ambaa wrote.
"The visit was completely delightful. We told them about our beliefs, and they told us about theirs. It never felt like preaching. They seemed to respect that we weren’t lost souls yearning for meaning. They were so young, and they seemed to approach the whole thing with the air of truly learning about other people and other beliefs."
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with newly...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- 10 religious leaders you may not know about
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Over half a million people attended Ogden...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 36
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 13
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Over half a million people attended... 4
- 5 unusual places of worship 4
- Pope Francis to marry couples with... 3