Hindu journalist shares 'positive interaction' with Mormon missionaries
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
In her Feb. 3 post, Ambaa tells of the friendship she formed with two sister missionaries and details their discussions.
"The last time a pair of Mormon missionaries knocked on my door (two years ago), I was not in the mood. ... But last week two girls knocked on my door, and I didn’t feel as forceful or annoyed as I had before," Ambaa wrote.
"The visit was completely delightful. We told them about our beliefs, and they told us about theirs. It never felt like preaching. They seemed to respect that we weren’t lost souls yearning for meaning. They were so young, and they seemed to approach the whole thing with the air of truly learning about other people and other beliefs."
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Russians' views on religion are changing, and...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 31
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 30
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 23
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 17
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 12
- Russians' views on religion are... 9
- LDS World: Western author Wallace... 6