Hindu journalist shares 'positive interaction' with Mormon missionaries
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
In her Feb. 3 post, Ambaa tells of the friendship she formed with two sister missionaries and details their discussions.
"The last time a pair of Mormon missionaries knocked on my door (two years ago), I was not in the mood. ... But last week two girls knocked on my door, and I didn’t feel as forceful or annoyed as I had before," Ambaa wrote.
"The visit was completely delightful. We told them about our beliefs, and they told us about theirs. It never felt like preaching. They seemed to respect that we weren’t lost souls yearning for meaning. They were so young, and they seemed to approach the whole thing with the air of truly learning about other people and other beliefs."
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 12
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5