3 jailed after Ogden police chase ends with car rolling into home
OGDEN — Three people were arrested Sunday night after police said they fled from officers and rolled their car into a home.
Ogden police responded to a call of shots fired near 33rd Street and Lincoln Avenue shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday, coming from a brown, four-door vehicle, according to Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi.
A few minutes after the call, officers spotted and tried to stop a brown Explorer. The SUV did not stop, and police followed the vehicle to 5000 South and 100 West, when they abandoned the chase because of the speed and "erratic driving of the suspect," according to Zaccardi.
When the officers were leaving, they saw the Explorer exit the road and roll into the porch of a home at 182 W. 5000 South in Washington Terrace, according to Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.
Three people left the car and tried to flee. Police caught and booked two men and one woman into the Weber County Jail. Police used a Taser on one of the men during the arrest. Investigators said both men are documented gang members.
Zaccardi was unsure how much damage the house sustained, but did not think it was extensive.
The alleged driver, Brent Vigil, 23, was arrested for investigation of evading, avoiding apprehension, possession of a weapon by a restricted person, possession of a loaded firearm in a vehicle, discharging the firearm from a vehicle, reckless driving and driving on a denied license. Marcus Cruz, 18, and Jozette Apadaca, 18, were arrested for investigation of similar charges.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 36
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12