3 jailed after Ogden police chase ends with car rolling into home
OGDEN — Three people were arrested Sunday night after police said they fled from officers and rolled their car into a home.
Ogden police responded to a call of shots fired near 33rd Street and Lincoln Avenue shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday, coming from a brown, four-door vehicle, according to Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi.
A few minutes after the call, officers spotted and tried to stop a brown Explorer. The SUV did not stop, and police followed the vehicle to 5000 South and 100 West, when they abandoned the chase because of the speed and "erratic driving of the suspect," according to Zaccardi.
When the officers were leaving, they saw the Explorer exit the road and roll into the porch of a home at 182 W. 5000 South in Washington Terrace, according to Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.
Three people left the car and tried to flee. Police caught and booked two men and one woman into the Weber County Jail. Police used a Taser on one of the men during the arrest. Investigators said both men are documented gang members.
Zaccardi was unsure how much damage the house sustained, but did not think it was extensive.
The alleged driver, Brent Vigil, 23, was arrested for investigation of evading, avoiding apprehension, possession of a weapon by a restricted person, possession of a loaded firearm in a vehicle, discharging the firearm from a vehicle, reckless driving and driving on a denied license. Marcus Cruz, 18, and Jozette Apadaca, 18, were arrested for investigation of similar charges.
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7