3 jailed after Ogden police chase ends with car rolling into home
OGDEN — Three people were arrested Sunday night after police said they fled from officers and rolled their car into a home.
Ogden police responded to a call of shots fired near 33rd Street and Lincoln Avenue shortly before 8 p.m. Sunday, coming from a brown, four-door vehicle, according to Ogden Police Lt. Steve Zaccardi.
A few minutes after the call, officers spotted and tried to stop a brown Explorer. The SUV did not stop, and police followed the vehicle to 5000 South and 100 West, when they abandoned the chase because of the speed and "erratic driving of the suspect," according to Zaccardi.
When the officers were leaving, they saw the Explorer exit the road and roll into the porch of a home at 182 W. 5000 South in Washington Terrace, according to Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.
Three people left the car and tried to flee. Police caught and booked two men and one woman into the Weber County Jail. Police used a Taser on one of the men during the arrest. Investigators said both men are documented gang members.
Zaccardi was unsure how much damage the house sustained, but did not think it was extensive.
The alleged driver, Brent Vigil, 23, was arrested for investigation of evading, avoiding apprehension, possession of a weapon by a restricted person, possession of a loaded firearm in a vehicle, discharging the firearm from a vehicle, reckless driving and driving on a denied license. Marcus Cruz, 18, and Jozette Apadaca, 18, were arrested for investigation of similar charges.
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Herriman man says his brain tumor felt like a...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 33
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9