NY Times columnist: Obama has a chance to help the U.S. long term
Carolyn Kaster, Associated Press
President Barack Obama has a chance to play the long game in the last years of his presidency, New York Times columnist David Brooks said.
Instead of focusing on goals of the present, he can look forward to the future and set up “The Opportunity Coalition,” which will affect the country over the long haul, Brooks wrote.
“He’ll have the chance to organize bipartisan groups of mayors, business leaders, legislators, activists and donors into permanent alliances and institutions that will formulate, lobby for, fund and promote opportunity and social mobility agendas for decades to come,” Brooks wrote.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- Grantsville residents tell Prison Relocation...
- South Africa shaken by FIFA corruption probe
- Will raising taxes make better students?
- Administration asks skeptical judge to toss...
- Salt Lake City leaders announce $500,000 in...
- Southern Arizona residents protest Border...
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 41
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 37
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 22
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 18
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15
- 'Such a stress reliever': In Rhode... 13
- US to 'fine tune' Iraq strategy in... 11