In response to a letter published Jan. 31, asking why Box Elder has the same dirty air as the Wasatch Front, the answer is simple. We import it from the Salt Lake/Ogden areas.
From Tremonton, looking north the air is fairly clean. Looking south one can barely see Brigham City and beyond, nothing can be seen. In short, we get our dirty air mostly from all the freeway traffic headed north and south. Very little is generated in Box Elder County.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- Drew Clark: The 'least dangerous branch' must...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 95
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 37
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 25
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 19
- In our opinion: Now a thriving urban... 17