In response to a letter published Jan. 31, asking why Box Elder has the same dirty air as the Wasatch Front, the answer is simple. We import it from the Salt Lake/Ogden areas.
From Tremonton, looking north the air is fairly clean. Looking south one can barely see Brigham City and beyond, nothing can be seen. In short, we get our dirty air mostly from all the freeway traffic headed north and south. Very little is generated in Box Elder County.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Letter: Patriots or serfs?
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Lois M. Collins: Sometimes, only the police...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- Michael Gerson: The arrogance of... 52
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 41
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30