In response to a letter published Jan. 31, asking why Box Elder has the same dirty air as the Wasatch Front, the answer is simple. We import it from the Salt Lake/Ogden areas.
From Tremonton, looking north the air is fairly clean. Looking south one can barely see Brigham City and beyond, nothing can be seen. In short, we get our dirty air mostly from all the freeway traffic headed north and south. Very little is generated in Box Elder County.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 45
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 33