In response to a letter published Jan. 31, asking why Box Elder has the same dirty air as the Wasatch Front, the answer is simple. We import it from the Salt Lake/Ogden areas.
From Tremonton, looking north the air is fairly clean. Looking south one can barely see Brigham City and beyond, nothing can be seen. In short, we get our dirty air mostly from all the freeway traffic headed north and south. Very little is generated in Box Elder County.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Cedric Nicholson: Have women become forgotten...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 35
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27