3 local players pick up Super Bowl rings with Seattle's win
Charlie Riedel, ASSOCIATED PRESS
It was a good Sunday for Utah State alums Bobby Wagner and Robert Turbin and Weber State alum Paul McQuistan.
All three picked up their first Super Bowl rings as the Seattle Seahawks thumped the Denver Broncos 43-8 in Super Bowl XLIII.
Wagner started at middle linebacker and McQuistan started on the offensive line for the Seahawks.
Wagner finished with 10 tackles (including five solo tackles) for Seattle's defense, which forced four turnovers in the game.
Turbin came in late in the game for the Seahawks after Seattle began to take out its starters. He had a long run taken back because of a holding call. The former Aggie ended up carrying the ball nine times for 25 yards.
All three were playing in their first Super Bowl. Seattle became the first team since 1990 to go to the Super Bowl without a player on its roster with Super Bowl experience.
It was a much more forgettable Sunday for ex-Utah lineman Zane Beadles, who started on Denver's offensive line.
The Broncos trailed from the first snap of the game, which sailed over quarterback Peyton Manning's head and into the end zone for a safety.
The championship is Seattle's first in franchise history.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- BYU-USU video: 5 plays that turned the game...
- College Football: Utah moves back into top...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell...
- Jazz notebook: Rookie's new wardrobe...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 99
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 41
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 39
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best... 23
- Doug Robinson: Colorado-Utah: In the... 23
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 23