MIDVALE — An elderly couple was found dead in their Midvale home Friday from apparent exposure to the cold, police say.
Unified Police identified the couple as Howard Durrant, 79, and Sharell Sund, 87.
Unified Police received a call at about 6:30 p.m. Friday to go to the home, 985 E. 7240 South, after family members weren't able to contact the couple. They entered the home and found the couple had died.
Unified Police said there were no signs of trauma, nor were there indications of foul play. At the time the couple was found, there was no power in their home, and they appeared to have died of natural causes related to the cold.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8