MIDVALE — An elderly couple was found dead in their Midvale home Friday from apparent exposure to the cold, police say.
Unified Police identified the couple as Howard Durrant, 79, and Sharell Sund, 87.
Unified Police received a call at about 6:30 p.m. Friday to go to the home, 985 E. 7240 South, after family members weren't able to contact the couple. They entered the home and found the couple had died.
Unified Police said there were no signs of trauma, nor were there indications of foul play. At the time the couple was found, there was no power in their home, and they appeared to have died of natural causes related to the cold.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 94
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 86
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 38
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19