WEST JORDAN — An Orem couple died Saturday from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a West Jordan home, police say.
Joselito Solorzano, 43, and Maria Lopez-Landaverde, 37, ran a carpet cleaning business, according to Randy Anglesey, public information officer for West Jordan police.
The couple had pulled their van into the garage of the home, 6057 S. Miners Mesa Drive (6220 West), and closed the garage door. The couple continued to run the van inside the garage while operating cleaning equipment, and insufficient ventilation allowed carbon monoxide levels to become lethal, Anglesey said.
Police responded to reports of smoke coming from the home and found the couple unconscious. Fire crews transported them to Jordan Valley Hospital where they were pronounced dead.
"It's an ongoing investigation," Anglesey said. "We're waiting for toxicology reports to come back. There doesn't appear to be any foul play or criminal intent."
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17