WEST JORDAN — An Orem couple died Saturday from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a West Jordan home, police say.
Joselito Solorzano, 43, and Maria Lopez-Landaverde, 37, ran a carpet cleaning business, according to Randy Anglesey, public information officer for West Jordan police.
The couple had pulled their van into the garage of the home, 6057 S. Miners Mesa Drive (6220 West), and closed the garage door. The couple continued to run the van inside the garage while operating cleaning equipment, and insufficient ventilation allowed carbon monoxide levels to become lethal, Anglesey said.
Police responded to reports of smoke coming from the home and found the couple unconscious. Fire crews transported them to Jordan Valley Hospital where they were pronounced dead.
"It's an ongoing investigation," Anglesey said. "We're waiting for toxicology reports to come back. There doesn't appear to be any foul play or criminal intent."
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26