WEST JORDAN — An Orem couple died Saturday from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a West Jordan home, police say.
Joselito Solorzano, 43, and Maria Lopez-Landaverde, 37, ran a carpet cleaning business, according to Randy Anglesey, public information officer for West Jordan police.
The couple had pulled their van into the garage of the home, 6057 S. Miners Mesa Drive (6220 West), and closed the garage door. The couple continued to run the van inside the garage while operating cleaning equipment, and insufficient ventilation allowed carbon monoxide levels to become lethal, Anglesey said.
Police responded to reports of smoke coming from the home and found the couple unconscious. Fire crews transported them to Jordan Valley Hospital where they were pronounced dead.
"It's an ongoing investigation," Anglesey said. "We're waiting for toxicology reports to come back. There doesn't appear to be any foul play or criminal intent."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29