WEST JORDAN — An Orem couple died Saturday from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a West Jordan home, police say.
Joselito Solorzano, 43, and Maria Lopez-Landaverde, 37, ran a carpet cleaning business, according to Randy Anglesey, public information officer for West Jordan police.
The couple had pulled their van into the garage of the home, 6057 S. Miners Mesa Drive (6220 West), and closed the garage door. The couple continued to run the van inside the garage while operating cleaning equipment, and insufficient ventilation allowed carbon monoxide levels to become lethal, Anglesey said.
Police responded to reports of smoke coming from the home and found the couple unconscious. Fire crews transported them to Jordan Valley Hospital where they were pronounced dead.
"It's an ongoing investigation," Anglesey said. "We're waiting for toxicology reports to come back. There doesn't appear to be any foul play or criminal intent."
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Couple arrested in Louisiana for $114K theft...
- Body found near Jordan River trail in Salt...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Wind-fueled fire rips through large Draper home
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 49
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 47
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 27
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15