WEST JORDAN — Two people died Saturday after being found unconscious due to apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Fire crews were initially called to a home at 6057 S. Miners Mesa Drive (6220 West) around 6:30 p.m. on reports of a fire, West Jordan Fire Chief Marc McElreath said.
"When fire crews arrived, they found out that it was not a house fire, it was a carbon monoxide incident," he said.
Two adults were found unconscious in the home. McElreath said it appeared they were there cleaning the carpet and had parked the van carrying their equipment, but left it running, which caused carbon monoxide to fill the home.
Both employees were transported to Jordan Valley Hospital in extremely critical condition, McElreath said. West Jordan City spokesperson Kim Wells confirmed that an adult male and adult female ultimately died.
She said the victims' names would not be released Saturday.
Fire crews were clearing the home of any carbon monoxide before turning the case over to West Jordan Police, who will investigate the incident.
McElreath said he did not know who owned the home or if anyone was living there.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16