The Westminster College men’s basketball team couldn’t overcome an eight-point halftime deficit as it dropped a 66-51 decision at Rocky Mountain on Saturday night in Frontier Conference play.
Westminster is now 13-10 overall this season and sits at 6-4 in the Frontier Conference. Tonight’s loss snaps a two-game winning streak by the Griffins. Rocky moves to 16-6 overall and a conference-best 7-3 in league play.
It was a tough night shooting the ball for the Griffins, and they went just 20-of-57 from the field. The 35.1 percentage is the team’s third-lowest of the season. They scored 28 points in the paint and recorded 13 points from 20 Rocky turnovers.
Blake Skidmore led the Griffins with 15 points on a night that he shot 6-of-15 from the field. He finished 3-of-5 from beyond the arc and also collected three rebounds. Colton Moon was the only other Griffin in double figures as he finished with 10 points.
Joel Barndt paced Rocky with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Malachi Roberts added 15, and Tyree Anderson finished with 12.
Westminster will now return home for the final four home games of the regular season. The first of those happens Thursday when it hosts Dickinson State at 7:30 p.m. MST in the Behnken Field House.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21