Salt Lake City man dies days after fall on cruise ship
Luca Bruno, Associated Press
HONOLULU — An 87-year-old Salt Lake City man died Friday days after falling while on a cruise in Hawaii.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Saturday that James C. Harte died Friday — four days after he sustained a head injury while on board a cruise ship off the coast of Hawaii island. Officials at the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Harte's death.
An office official said an examination was scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of the man's death.
The Star-Advertiser reported that Harte, a passenger on the cruise ship, fell and hit his head around 10:30 p.m. Monday. Thursday, he was taken to a hospital on Oahu for further treatment where he succumbed to his injuries Friday evening.
Police said they did not suspect foul play.
A dispatcher for Honolulu Police as well as a police officer reached by the Deseret News could not provide additional details, including any information about the cruise line.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Motorcyclist critically injured in Roosevelt...
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge drinking...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 129
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 42
- New definition of homeless would give... 31
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 22
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 19