Salt Lake City man dies days after fall on cruise ship
Luca Bruno, Associated Press
HONOLULU — An 87-year-old Salt Lake City man died Friday days after falling while on a cruise in Hawaii.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Saturday that James C. Harte died Friday — four days after he sustained a head injury while on board a cruise ship off the coast of Hawaii island. Officials at the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Harte's death.
An office official said an examination was scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of the man's death.
The Star-Advertiser reported that Harte, a passenger on the cruise ship, fell and hit his head around 10:30 p.m. Monday. Thursday, he was taken to a hospital on Oahu for further treatment where he succumbed to his injuries Friday evening.
Police said they did not suspect foul play.
A dispatcher for Honolulu Police as well as a police officer reached by the Deseret News could not provide additional details, including any information about the cruise line.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah
- Clearfield man intentionally punched woman...
- Second student sues district over teacher's...
- Slain Brigham City mom remembered as loving,...
- LDS Church, other religions urge... 102
- Married lesbian couple sues Utah to be... 66
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 24
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 21
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20