Salt Lake City man dies days after fall on cruise ship
Luca Bruno, Associated Press
HONOLULU — An 87-year-old Salt Lake City man died Friday days after falling while on a cruise in Hawaii.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Saturday that James C. Harte died Friday — four days after he sustained a head injury while on board a cruise ship off the coast of Hawaii island. Officials at the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Harte's death.
An office official said an examination was scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of the man's death.
The Star-Advertiser reported that Harte, a passenger on the cruise ship, fell and hit his head around 10:30 p.m. Monday. Thursday, he was taken to a hospital on Oahu for further treatment where he succumbed to his injuries Friday evening.
Police said they did not suspect foul play.
A dispatcher for Honolulu Police as well as a police officer reached by the Deseret News could not provide additional details, including any information about the cruise line.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may have just...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 48
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 28
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17