Salt Lake City man dies days after fall on cruise ship
Luca Bruno, Associated Press
HONOLULU — An 87-year-old Salt Lake City man died Friday days after falling while on a cruise in Hawaii.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Saturday that James C. Harte died Friday — four days after he sustained a head injury while on board a cruise ship off the coast of Hawaii island. Officials at the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Harte's death.
An office official said an examination was scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of the man's death.
The Star-Advertiser reported that Harte, a passenger on the cruise ship, fell and hit his head around 10:30 p.m. Monday. Thursday, he was taken to a hospital on Oahu for further treatment where he succumbed to his injuries Friday evening.
Police said they did not suspect foul play.
A dispatcher for Honolulu Police as well as a police officer reached by the Deseret News could not provide additional details, including any information about the cruise line.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14