Salt Lake City man dies days after fall on cruise ship
Luca Bruno, Associated Press
HONOLULU — An 87-year-old Salt Lake City man died Friday days after falling while on a cruise in Hawaii.
The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Saturday that James C. Harte died Friday — four days after he sustained a head injury while on board a cruise ship off the coast of Hawaii island. Officials at the Honolulu Medical Examiner's Office confirmed Harte's death.
An office official said an examination was scheduled for Monday to determine the cause of the man's death.
The Star-Advertiser reported that Harte, a passenger on the cruise ship, fell and hit his head around 10:30 p.m. Monday. Thursday, he was taken to a hospital on Oahu for further treatment where he succumbed to his injuries Friday evening.
Police said they did not suspect foul play.
A dispatcher for Honolulu Police as well as a police officer reached by the Deseret News could not provide additional details, including any information about the cruise line.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 50
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 36
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 13