4 players with local ties to the state of Utah will play in Sunday's Super Bowl
Ed Andrieski, AP
Players with Utah ties will be well-represented during the Super Bowl on Sunday. This year's game pits the Seattle Seahawks against the Denver Broncos and kicks off at 4:25 p.m. MST. The game will be televised on Fox.
Former Aggies will perhaps be the most prominent — with both linebacker Bobby Wagner and running back Robert Turbin playing key roles for the Seahawks.
Wagner (6 foot, 241 pounds) is a second-year player and starts at middle linebacker for what many consider the NFL's best defense. He also leads the team in tackles with 120, while adding five sacks and two interceptions.
Turbin (5 foot 10, 222 pounds) backs up star running back Marshawn Lynch and may see some quality touches Sunday in that role. Like Wagner, Turbin is in his second year. He has rushed for 238 yards on 71 carries and caught six passes for 80 yards.
Playing a prominent role for the Denver Broncos is former Utah Ute Zane Beadles. Beadles (6 foot 4, 305 pounds) is in his fourth season and starts at left guard, where he's considered one of the team's most consistent and productive linemen.
Weber State will be represented by Paul McQuistan (6 foot 6, 315 pounds), who is listed as Seattle's backup left guard. McQuistan began the year as the team's starting left tackle, in place of the then injured Russell Okung, and has also started games at left guard.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34