Despite Representative Becky Lockhart’s comments against Obamacare, expanding Medicaid would be an improvement in Utah.
Utah’s legislature is a piece of work. Currently the Utah state senators and state representatives distribute their own weight in words complaining about Obamacare. However, what has the legislature done to promote health?
Has the legislature done anything to completely discourage smoking in the state? That would, in the long view, reduce medical expenses in Utah.
And what will the legislature do to counter the threat of people driving into Utah from Colorado with recreational marijuana either in their blood streams or their glove boxes? I advocate that Utah should put up check points on all the roads from Colorado in Utah, rather like California’s agricultural check points that protected California fruit and vegetable commerce. This way Utah can protect itself from recreational pot leaking in to its jurisdiction.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 48
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37