Despite Representative Becky Lockhart’s comments against Obamacare, expanding Medicaid would be an improvement in Utah.
Utah’s legislature is a piece of work. Currently the Utah state senators and state representatives distribute their own weight in words complaining about Obamacare. However, what has the legislature done to promote health?
Has the legislature done anything to completely discourage smoking in the state? That would, in the long view, reduce medical expenses in Utah.
And what will the legislature do to counter the threat of people driving into Utah from Colorado with recreational marijuana either in their blood streams or their glove boxes? I advocate that Utah should put up check points on all the roads from Colorado in Utah, rather like California’s agricultural check points that protected California fruit and vegetable commerce. This way Utah can protect itself from recreational pot leaking in to its jurisdiction.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 45
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 35
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19