Despite Representative Becky Lockhart’s comments against Obamacare, expanding Medicaid would be an improvement in Utah.
Utah’s legislature is a piece of work. Currently the Utah state senators and state representatives distribute their own weight in words complaining about Obamacare. However, what has the legislature done to promote health?
Has the legislature done anything to completely discourage smoking in the state? That would, in the long view, reduce medical expenses in Utah.
And what will the legislature do to counter the threat of people driving into Utah from Colorado with recreational marijuana either in their blood streams or their glove boxes? I advocate that Utah should put up check points on all the roads from Colorado in Utah, rather like California’s agricultural check points that protected California fruit and vegetable commerce. This way Utah can protect itself from recreational pot leaking in to its jurisdiction.
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- Letter: Same stale air
- Richard Davis: Let the voters decide the...
- In our opinion: Revisiting Abraham Lincoln's...
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- Letter: Conflict of interest
- Jay Evensen: Though complicated, Corradini...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question should...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 95
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 92
- Letter: Same stale air 43
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 37
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 27
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 25