Despite Representative Becky Lockhart’s comments against Obamacare, expanding Medicaid would be an improvement in Utah.
Utah’s legislature is a piece of work. Currently the Utah state senators and state representatives distribute their own weight in words complaining about Obamacare. However, what has the legislature done to promote health?
Has the legislature done anything to completely discourage smoking in the state? That would, in the long view, reduce medical expenses in Utah.
And what will the legislature do to counter the threat of people driving into Utah from Colorado with recreational marijuana either in their blood streams or their glove boxes? I advocate that Utah should put up check points on all the roads from Colorado in Utah, rather like California’s agricultural check points that protected California fruit and vegetable commerce. This way Utah can protect itself from recreational pot leaking in to its jurisdiction.
- In our opinion: Declaration of Independence...
- President Boyd K. Packer — 'defender'...
- My view: Everything you think you know about...
- In our opinion: Supreme Court ruling for...
- Letter: Patriotism has not died
- Letter: The Fourth
- My view: Move the prison for the sake of...
- Natalie Gochnour: Patriotic grace blends...
- Letter: Disregarding liberty, laws 51
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 41
- Letter: Trump’s chances 35
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 31
- Richard Davis: Time to fix Obamacare... 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Time to relegate the... 26
- Letter: Patriotism has not died 24
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21