Despite Representative Becky Lockhart’s comments against Obamacare, expanding Medicaid would be an improvement in Utah.
Utah’s legislature is a piece of work. Currently the Utah state senators and state representatives distribute their own weight in words complaining about Obamacare. However, what has the legislature done to promote health?
Has the legislature done anything to completely discourage smoking in the state? That would, in the long view, reduce medical expenses in Utah.
And what will the legislature do to counter the threat of people driving into Utah from Colorado with recreational marijuana either in their blood streams or their glove boxes? I advocate that Utah should put up check points on all the roads from Colorado in Utah, rather like California’s agricultural check points that protected California fruit and vegetable commerce. This way Utah can protect itself from recreational pot leaking in to its jurisdiction.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges Hatch...
- Charles Krauthammer: Donald, Hillary and the...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 81
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 53
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 33
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18