LAKE POINT, Tooele County — A 20-year-old man was in critical condition Friday night after being hit by a vehicle while he was crossing state Route 36.
The man suffered breaks to both of his legs and was flown to University Hospital, according to Utah Highway Patrol trooper Evan Kirby. The woman who was driving the vehicle sustained minor head injuries but was released at the scene.
The woman was driving south on state Route 36 toward Tooele when the man entered the highway from the east and was struck in the middle of the road, Kirby said.
Police received a report of a shoplifter at a nearby Flying J, 1605 Saddleback Blvd., just prior to the crash, though police are unsure if the two events are related, Kirby said. Some possessions were in the road after the crash, but it remained unclear if the items where from Flying J.
There was no crosswalk in the area, UHP officials said.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12