Book review: 'Power Parenting in the LDS Home' highlights 25 common parenting mistakes and how to correct
Randal Wright shares on his website at www.achieveyourlifemission.com that when his first son was born, it was a spiritual experience for him and he wrote it down, hoping to never forget it. He found pleasure in the fact that he could go back to that experience and continually learn from it, so he started writing down any experience that he thought would be useful to him in the future.
Years later, he has collected more than 9,000 experiences and traveled all over the United States sharing what he has learned from them. During his travels, he has also talked with many people who have shared their stories with him.
In his newest book, "Power Parenting in the LDS Home," Wright combines his experiences with those stories told to him by others and answers from a survey of more than 500 adults about their own parents growing up, to compile 25 common mistakes for parents to avoid if they want a better chance to raise happy, successful, active members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In the introduction, Wright explains that everyone makes mistakes and recommends reading the book with an open mind that there are always things to improve on as parents.
The book has 25 chapters with each highlighting a specific mistake that can lead to a wayward child. Wright includes examples of how these mistakes have affected children and supplements them with quotes from parenting experts, Latter-day Saint prophets and apostles, and scripture. Some chapter headings include: Home Environment, Parental Example and Teaching Correct Principles.
Wright also discusses things like movies, music and worldly heroes in the home and how they affect a child.
With ideas to assist parents from when their children are very young through young adulthood, this is a book that may be helpful to parents for years to come.
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9