Despite its democratic president, the United States is still a fairly conservative nation, according a recently published map by The Washington Post. Based on a new Gallup survey, conservatives outnumber liberals by 47 percent. In most states, save for Vermont and Massachusetts, conservatives outnumber the liberals entirely, the map shows.
“How do Democrats continue to win elections if so few Americans identify themselves as liberal? The answer may lie with moderates, which, as a voting bloc, are solidly Democratic,” the Gallup authors wrote in the survey, according to The Washington Post. “If moderates begin voting with Republicans in the near or long-term future, there may indeed be a Republican revival on the national level.”
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- 11 best—and worst—state tax systems
- U.S. approaching 'sudden' phase of...
- Secret Service boosts security outside White...
- After vote to stay in UK, Scots must heal divide
- Now both Mia Love and Doug Owens airing TV...
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in Utah
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 58
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17
- Lawmakers, critics debate... 16
- Interior secretary promised no surprise... 13
- School police stock up on free military... 11
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10