Despite its democratic president, the United States is still a fairly conservative nation, according a recently published map by The Washington Post. Based on a new Gallup survey, conservatives outnumber liberals by 47 percent. In most states, save for Vermont and Massachusetts, conservatives outnumber the liberals entirely, the map shows.
“How do Democrats continue to win elections if so few Americans identify themselves as liberal? The answer may lie with moderates, which, as a voting bloc, are solidly Democratic,” the Gallup authors wrote in the survey, according to The Washington Post. “If moderates begin voting with Republicans in the near or long-term future, there may indeed be a Republican revival on the national level.”
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- EPA proposes stricter ozone standard;...
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage...
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote compromise
- 5 investigated in FIFA WCup bid corruption probe
- 5 things homebuyers should be thankful for...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Justice sent home after heart stent implanted
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 30
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15
- Obama heads to Chicago to pitch... 13
- Attorney General Eric Holder:... 11
- EPA proposes stricter ozone standard;... 8