Map reveals what the U.S. would look like if state size matched its population
Reddit user alexthedinosaur,
Try to imagine what the United States would look like if a state's sized match its population.
Or you could just look at this map by The Washington Post, which renamed the states to fit their population sizes. Only three states — Missouri, Mississippi and Texas — did not change during the shift, The Washington Post reported. And some of more notable switches include Hawaii becoming Alaska, California becoming New York and Rhode Island, the smallest state in the union, becoming Vermont.
- Gov. Gary Herbert to gather voter signatures
- Bishop public lands proposal unveiled,...
- Sarah Palin's oldest son arrested in domestic...
- IS acknowledges death of 'Jihadi John' in...
- Trump receives key endorsement from Sarah Palin
- Rio de Janeiro Olympics facing deep cuts...
- Cruz joined fight for gun rights as political...
- Tax season begins as IRS begins to accept...
- Interior Department halts new federal... 29
- Obama cites Americans' release as win... 23
- Trump receives key endorsement from... 23
- Utah GOP sues state again over... 22
- Bishop set to unveil 'Grand Bargain'... 20
- In tight race, Democrats debate passion... 16
- Cruz joined fight for gun rights as... 15
- Gov. Gary Herbert to gather voter... 12