Map reveals what the U.S. would look like if state size matched its population
Reddit user alexthedinosaur,
Try to imagine what the United States would look like if a state's sized match its population.
Or you could just look at this map by The Washington Post, which renamed the states to fit their population sizes. Only three states — Missouri, Mississippi and Texas — did not change during the shift, The Washington Post reported. And some of more notable switches include Hawaii becoming Alaska, California becoming New York and Rhode Island, the smallest state in the union, becoming Vermont.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at...
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at Pentagon
- Report: Obama rode elevator with armed man...
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12