Map reveals what the U.S. would look like if state size matched its population
Reddit user alexthedinosaur,
Try to imagine what the United States would look like if a state's sized match its population.
Or you could just look at this map by The Washington Post, which renamed the states to fit their population sizes. Only three states — Missouri, Mississippi and Texas — did not change during the shift, The Washington Post reported. And some of more notable switches include Hawaii becoming Alaska, California becoming New York and Rhode Island, the smallest state in the union, becoming Vermont.
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost solution...
- Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes removes...
- Gov. Herbert nominates 3rd District Judge...
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his powers
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 52
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15