Map reveals what the U.S. would look like if state size matched its population
Reddit user alexthedinosaur,
Try to imagine what the United States would look like if a state's sized match its population.
Or you could just look at this map by The Washington Post, which renamed the states to fit their population sizes. Only three states — Missouri, Mississippi and Texas — did not change during the shift, The Washington Post reported. And some of more notable switches include Hawaii becoming Alaska, California becoming New York and Rhode Island, the smallest state in the union, becoming Vermont.
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- Report, summit show energy development...
- A.G. Sean Reyes took donation from 1-800...
- Jill Parrish confirmed as new federal judge...
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA Freedom...
- Surveillance debate produces unusual...
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business jobs
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 26
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Sen. Lindsey Graham: 'I'm running' to... 18
- Obama bans some military-style... 16
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Belfast baker guilty of discrimination... 14