Did the American dollar really lose its value? Washington Post writer Howard Schneider doesn’t think so. He says the devaluing of the dollar is overstated and it still has a lot of value. He mentions author Eswar Prasad, who wrote the book “The Dollar Trip,” which looked at the U.S. monetary system.
Most of the book says “that when times are good, the U.S. economy is attractive in its own right — people buy a lot of stuff from overseas, other countries are happy to lend money to finance those purchases, and demand for dollars is strong,” wrote Schneider. “And when things are not so good, the United States is still the only place large enough to absorb the world’s spare change and (critically) that is trusted enough to pay it back.”
- The most expensive homes in Utah in 2014
- 4 unexpected health risks of smartphone use
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- 5 easy ways to make your money work for you
- There's more to Black Friday than getting a...
- How actress Blake Lively's family saves money...
- Why you need to stop buying your kids so many...
- How are holiday shoppers spending their money...
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- Pope demands just distribution of... 6
- What's next for dead malls? 5
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Gift Guide: 3 ways to watch streaming... 3
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests 2
- When low-income housing is converted... 2
- How to keep information overload from... 1