Did the American dollar really lose its value? Washington Post writer Howard Schneider doesn’t think so. He says the devaluing of the dollar is overstated and it still has a lot of value. He mentions author Eswar Prasad, who wrote the book “The Dollar Trip,” which looked at the U.S. monetary system.
Most of the book says “that when times are good, the U.S. economy is attractive in its own right — people buy a lot of stuff from overseas, other countries are happy to lend money to finance those purchases, and demand for dollars is strong,” wrote Schneider. “And when things are not so good, the United States is still the only place large enough to absorb the world’s spare change and (critically) that is trusted enough to pay it back.”
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Why babies are expensive, but could save you...
- More home-cooked meals really can save you...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Financial interventions don't work
- Child poverty just dropped for the first time...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 15
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4