Did the American dollar really lose its value? Washington Post writer Howard Schneider doesn’t think so. He says the devaluing of the dollar is overstated and it still has a lot of value. He mentions author Eswar Prasad, who wrote the book “The Dollar Trip,” which looked at the U.S. monetary system.
Most of the book says “that when times are good, the U.S. economy is attractive in its own right — people buy a lot of stuff from overseas, other countries are happy to lend money to finance those purchases, and demand for dollars is strong,” wrote Schneider. “And when things are not so good, the United States is still the only place large enough to absorb the world’s spare change and (critically) that is trusted enough to pay it back.”
- 10 cheapest colleges for out-of-state students
- Are schools preparing students for the new...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- These three countries offer insights into the...
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4 percent
- Young widows speak out about managing grief,...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 14
- Clinton says childcare needs to be a... 10
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- Utah jobless rate holds steady at 3.4... 4
- Study: 23 pct of US adults with health... 3
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid... 3
- Are schools preparing students for the... 3