GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A proposed off-road vehicle management plan for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the future of Lake Powell invasive mussel prevention are subjects of five open houses in February.
National Park Service staff will provide information and gather public comments on these and other current planning topics.
Each open house is from 4 to 7 p.m. in: Blanding, Tuesday, Blanding Arts and Events Center, 639 W. 100 South; Escalante, Wednesday, Escalante Interagency Visitor Center, 755 W. Main; Kanab, Thursday, Kanab Middle School, 690 S. Cowboy Way; Page, Ariz., Tuesday, Feb. 11, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Headquarters, 691 Scenic View Drive; and Salt Lake City, Thursday, Feb. 13, Utah Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple.
An electronic copy of the Glen Canyon plan may be downloaded at parkplanning.nps.gov/glcaorvplan.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14