GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A proposed off-road vehicle management plan for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the future of Lake Powell invasive mussel prevention are subjects of five open houses in February.
National Park Service staff will provide information and gather public comments on these and other current planning topics.
Each open house is from 4 to 7 p.m. in: Blanding, Tuesday, Blanding Arts and Events Center, 639 W. 100 South; Escalante, Wednesday, Escalante Interagency Visitor Center, 755 W. Main; Kanab, Thursday, Kanab Middle School, 690 S. Cowboy Way; Page, Ariz., Tuesday, Feb. 11, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Headquarters, 691 Scenic View Drive; and Salt Lake City, Thursday, Feb. 13, Utah Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple.
An electronic copy of the Glen Canyon plan may be downloaded at parkplanning.nps.gov/glcaorvplan.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23