GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A proposed off-road vehicle management plan for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the future of Lake Powell invasive mussel prevention are subjects of five open houses in February.
National Park Service staff will provide information and gather public comments on these and other current planning topics.
Each open house is from 4 to 7 p.m. in: Blanding, Tuesday, Blanding Arts and Events Center, 639 W. 100 South; Escalante, Wednesday, Escalante Interagency Visitor Center, 755 W. Main; Kanab, Thursday, Kanab Middle School, 690 S. Cowboy Way; Page, Ariz., Tuesday, Feb. 11, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Headquarters, 691 Scenic View Drive; and Salt Lake City, Thursday, Feb. 13, Utah Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple.
An electronic copy of the Glen Canyon plan may be downloaded at parkplanning.nps.gov/glcaorvplan.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8