GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A proposed off-road vehicle management plan for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the future of Lake Powell invasive mussel prevention are subjects of five open houses in February.
National Park Service staff will provide information and gather public comments on these and other current planning topics.
Each open house is from 4 to 7 p.m. in: Blanding, Tuesday, Blanding Arts and Events Center, 639 W. 100 South; Escalante, Wednesday, Escalante Interagency Visitor Center, 755 W. Main; Kanab, Thursday, Kanab Middle School, 690 S. Cowboy Way; Page, Ariz., Tuesday, Feb. 11, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Headquarters, 691 Scenic View Drive; and Salt Lake City, Thursday, Feb. 13, Utah Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple.
An electronic copy of the Glen Canyon plan may be downloaded at parkplanning.nps.gov/glcaorvplan.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Summer Sounds: Train, The Wallflowers play...
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9