GLEN CANYON NATIONAL RECREATION AREA — A proposed off-road vehicle management plan for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area and the future of Lake Powell invasive mussel prevention are subjects of five open houses in February.
National Park Service staff will provide information and gather public comments on these and other current planning topics.
Each open house is from 4 to 7 p.m. in: Blanding, Tuesday, Blanding Arts and Events Center, 639 W. 100 South; Escalante, Wednesday, Escalante Interagency Visitor Center, 755 W. Main; Kanab, Thursday, Kanab Middle School, 690 S. Cowboy Way; Page, Ariz., Tuesday, Feb. 11, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area Headquarters, 691 Scenic View Drive; and Salt Lake City, Thursday, Feb. 13, Utah Department of Natural Resources, 1594 W. North Temple.
An electronic copy of the Glen Canyon plan may be downloaded at parkplanning.nps.gov/glcaorvplan.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Teen leads Humane Society service project to...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12
- A family's faith and a mother's legacy... 11