Commentary: Top 25 all-time NFL defensive players to come out of BYU
Associated Press and Deseret News photos
Since Bronco Mendenhall arrived at BYU, it has been transformed from a school that was known primarily for its offense into a place where defense has been a huge part of the Cougars' success as a program. Even though the defense has carried the torch for BYU as of late, it has produced NFL talent on that side of the ball for a long time. This is the list of the best of those defensive players based solely on what they have done in the NFL.
Note: Obviously a list like this is completely subjective, but I try to leave out all bias when I do these rankings.
The things I factored in while doing these rankings include All-Pro selections, Pro Bowls, years as a starter, years in the league and impact on a team. Also, stats weighed heavily in my decision-making.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34