Photo gallery: Lady Jayhawks from St. Joseph dominate the Lions from Intermountain Christian, 61-33
The St. Joseph Lady Jayhawks defended their No. 1 ranking in 1A Region 18 girls basketball, smothering the Lions from Intermountain Christian 61-33.
The Jayhawks controlled the game from opening tip to the final horn.
The Jayhawk’s pressure defense gave up only three points in the first quarter.
By halftime, St. Joseph's lead increased to a comfortable 31-8.
The Lions came out shooting in the third quarter, more than doubling their first half total. But at the end of the third, Jayhawks still enjoyed a commanding 52-17 lead.
Jayhawk head coach Joe Cravens gave his bench plenty of opportunity in the fourth.
Senior Liz Tomon led the Lady Jayhawks. She poured in 12 points in the first half and finished as the game’s high scorer with 16.
Amanda Higgs added 13 for St. Joseph including a trio of 3-pointers.
Senior forward Anna Clement paced the Lions offense, scoring 14.
The Jayhawks improve to 5-0 while the Lions fall to 0-4 in 1A Region 18.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- High school football: North Sanpete, Granger...
- Timpview wins much-anticipated rematch at...
- High school sports: Friday's football roundup
- Timpview girls soccer defeats Wasatch 2-0
- High school volleyball: San Juan owns top...
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win over...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 46
- Woods Cross airs it out in Region 6 win... 4
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Jeremy... 3
- American Fork's solid defense gets it... 3
- High school sports: Friday's football... 1
- High school football: Herriman... 1
- High school football: Murray wins first... 1
- High school cross-country: East junior,... 1