Westminster basketball: Skidmore and Robertson lead Griffins to road win
Behind the scoring duo of Blake Skidmore and Tallon Robertson, the Westminster College men’s basketball team came up with an 84-78 road win at Dickinson State on Thursday night in Frontier Conference action.
The win moves Westminster to 13-9 overall this season and keeps them tied atop the Frontier Conference standings with a 6-3 mark. Dickinson State drops to 7-14 and 2-7 with the loss.
Skidmore and Robertson went for a combined 49 points in the win. Skidmore finished with 25 points with three makes from beyond the arc and five rebounds. Robertson shot 10-of-16 to finish with 24 points. He has now scored at least 20 points in three straight games and five of the past six. Nick Jenson added 12 points and seven rebounds.
After shooting 79.2 percent from the floor in the second half of their last game, the Griffins finished Thursday’s first half at 60.7 percent. They ended the game shooting 55.4 percent from the floor with five threes. They limited DSU to 44.8 percent shooting and forced 18 turnovers with 12 steals.
Ty Ackelson led three Blue Hawks in double figures with 20 points. Robbie Morey added 19 points off the bench, and Tevin Russell had 15.
Westminster will now take a travel day before facing Rocky Mountain on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. MST.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16