I was really shocked to hear House Speaker Becky Lockhart and her diatribe against Gov. Gary Herbert at the opening of the Utah State Legislature. I thought, as many of my friends thought, that it showed no class and was the wrong venue for her to perform in.
That kind of stuff goes on when you have your opponent engaged in public debate. If the tables had been turned and the governor was the speaker of the house and Lockhart was the governor, you would have heard an uproar throughout the state about how Herbert insulted the lady governor without her being able to defend herself.
Speaker Lockhart might have just assured Gov. Herbert a second term if he decides to run.
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are...
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local police...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- John Hoffmire: To feed the world, we must...
- James Gattuso: Give Tesla a truly free market...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 39
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 21
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 20
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the... 19