I was really shocked to hear House Speaker Becky Lockhart and her diatribe against Gov. Gary Herbert at the opening of the Utah State Legislature. I thought, as many of my friends thought, that it showed no class and was the wrong venue for her to perform in.
That kind of stuff goes on when you have your opponent engaged in public debate. If the tables had been turned and the governor was the speaker of the house and Lockhart was the governor, you would have heard an uproar throughout the state about how Herbert insulted the lady governor without her being able to defend herself.
Speaker Lockhart might have just assured Gov. Herbert a second term if he decides to run.
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Letter: Moral decline
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- In our opinion: Revisiting racial imbalance...
- About Utah: High time for a peaceful revival
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- On Second Thought
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- Letter: Moral decline 72
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 43
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 39
- My view: Government broadband spells... 28