I was really shocked to hear House Speaker Becky Lockhart and her diatribe against Gov. Gary Herbert at the opening of the Utah State Legislature. I thought, as many of my friends thought, that it showed no class and was the wrong venue for her to perform in.
That kind of stuff goes on when you have your opponent engaged in public debate. If the tables had been turned and the governor was the speaker of the house and Lockhart was the governor, you would have heard an uproar throughout the state about how Herbert insulted the lady governor without her being able to defend herself.
Speaker Lockhart might have just assured Gov. Herbert a second term if he decides to run.
- Your future Utah needs your input now —...
- Drew Clark: Congress should modernize highway...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economic turmoil in...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Mediocre...
- Letter: Special treatment
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Letter: Chamber's misleading ad
- My View: Trade promotion authority would...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 36
- Letter: A constant example 17
- National debt not just financial issue... 14
- Letter: The good ones 14
- Letter: Put people in control 13
- Letter: Today's young people care about... 11
- In our opinion: Clinton Foundation's... 8
- Jay Evensen: Why would anyone fill out... 7