I was really shocked to hear House Speaker Becky Lockhart and her diatribe against Gov. Gary Herbert at the opening of the Utah State Legislature. I thought, as many of my friends thought, that it showed no class and was the wrong venue for her to perform in.
That kind of stuff goes on when you have your opponent engaged in public debate. If the tables had been turned and the governor was the speaker of the house and Lockhart was the governor, you would have heard an uproar throughout the state about how Herbert insulted the lady governor without her being able to defend herself.
Speaker Lockhart might have just assured Gov. Herbert a second term if he decides to run.
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 59
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800... 21
- Letter: Make healthy choices 13