I attended the Celebration of Marriage rally in the Capitol Rotunda on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The program was excellent. Of course the LGBT supporters were there with their signs, and were for the most part well-behaved and were treated civilly.
During Attorney General Sean Reyes’ talk, one of the LGBT supporters in the middle of the audience went ballistic and tried to shout down Reyes’ talk. Just like sharks after blood in the water, the media present converged on this young man as if he were the only event of the night. Then during the closing prayer another LGBT adherent tried to drown out the prayer being said by a sweet Latino young woman.
Yes, free speech is a right given to all; but when the call goes out to be civil, apparently it only applies to those who support marriage between a man and a woman.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- Is it time for our first woman president? 50
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay... 10
- Radon, the unrecognized killer 10
- In our opinion: Legislators need to... 9