I attended the Celebration of Marriage rally in the Capitol Rotunda on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The program was excellent. Of course the LGBT supporters were there with their signs, and were for the most part well-behaved and were treated civilly.
During Attorney General Sean Reyes’ talk, one of the LGBT supporters in the middle of the audience went ballistic and tried to shout down Reyes’ talk. Just like sharks after blood in the water, the media present converged on this young man as if he were the only event of the night. Then during the closing prayer another LGBT adherent tried to drown out the prayer being said by a sweet Latino young woman.
Yes, free speech is a right given to all; but when the call goes out to be civil, apparently it only applies to those who support marriage between a man and a woman.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 49
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 37
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22