I attended the Celebration of Marriage rally in the Capitol Rotunda on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The program was excellent. Of course the LGBT supporters were there with their signs, and were for the most part well-behaved and were treated civilly.
During Attorney General Sean Reyes’ talk, one of the LGBT supporters in the middle of the audience went ballistic and tried to shout down Reyes’ talk. Just like sharks after blood in the water, the media present converged on this young man as if he were the only event of the night. Then during the closing prayer another LGBT adherent tried to drown out the prayer being said by a sweet Latino young woman.
Yes, free speech is a right given to all; but when the call goes out to be civil, apparently it only applies to those who support marriage between a man and a woman.
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Letter: Protected lands
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31