I attended the Celebration of Marriage rally in the Capitol Rotunda on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The program was excellent. Of course the LGBT supporters were there with their signs, and were for the most part well-behaved and were treated civilly.
During Attorney General Sean Reyes’ talk, one of the LGBT supporters in the middle of the audience went ballistic and tried to shout down Reyes’ talk. Just like sharks after blood in the water, the media present converged on this young man as if he were the only event of the night. Then during the closing prayer another LGBT adherent tried to drown out the prayer being said by a sweet Latino young woman.
Yes, free speech is a right given to all; but when the call goes out to be civil, apparently it only applies to those who support marriage between a man and a woman.
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are...
- Classical liberalism offers sole durable...
- Who was the most narcissistic president?
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive...
- In our opinion: Are we too pessimistic about...
- My view: 'Single issue' voters should...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Taking a leap of...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 48
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- Lois M. Collins: Some think women are... 36
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 31
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 27
- Classical liberalism offers sole... 27