I attended the Celebration of Marriage rally in the Capitol Rotunda on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The program was excellent. Of course the LGBT supporters were there with their signs, and were for the most part well-behaved and were treated civilly.
During Attorney General Sean Reyes’ talk, one of the LGBT supporters in the middle of the audience went ballistic and tried to shout down Reyes’ talk. Just like sharks after blood in the water, the media present converged on this young man as if he were the only event of the night. Then during the closing prayer another LGBT adherent tried to drown out the prayer being said by a sweet Latino young woman.
Yes, free speech is a right given to all; but when the call goes out to be civil, apparently it only applies to those who support marriage between a man and a woman.
- About Utah: Moab's ultimate recycler
- Drew Clark: Can the state really force...
- John Hoffmire: China's leader, Xi Jinping, is...
- Letter: Increase education spending
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What...
- My view: Provo-Orem Bus Rapid Transit system...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Great Recession left...
- Letter: College-induced poverty
- Drew Clark: Can the state really force... 79
- Letter: Increase education spending 41
- Letter: Leaving the past? 28
- Letter: College-induced poverty 26
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 22
- In Our Opinion: IRS data breach is... 19
- Letter: Keep money in Draper 19
- Robert J. Samuelson: Great Recession... 19