'Full House' men stage comeback, make appearance on 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' leading up to Super Bowl
The last episode of "Full House" aired 19 years ago, but this week the show's favorite men made audiences feel like it was only yesterday.
For the past few days "Full House" stars Bob Saget, John Stamos and Dave Coulier reunited, leading up to the debut of their combined efforts in a Super Bowl commercial for Dannon Oikos yogurt on Feb. 2.
Wednesday night the three re-created a scene from the hit ABC sitcom on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon." Set in what mimicked the bedroom of Michelle Tanner, pencil bed frame and all, Fallon called for help from Dad.
Saget, who played the role of Danny Tanner on "Full House," the widowered father of three daughters, first came to Fallon's rescue. But as per usual, Stamos as Jesse Katsopolis and Coulier as Joey Gladstone soon appeared on the scene.
Fallon told the three men his concerns about taking over "The Tonight Show," to which they each responded with their signature snippets of comfort.
At one point, Stamos quoted his staple line, "The hair, huh?" Joey did several impersonations, pulled out Mr. Woodchuck and said his classic, "Cut. It. Out." Finally, the three performed an Elvis-style lullaby they'd done many times before.
This week, the three "Full House" stars also opened up on Reddit for a Q&A. After receiving an overwhelming response, the stars posted their appreciation.
"Speaking for all of us, we are just SO appreciative that people still remember us and keep Full House in their hearts," the Reddit post stated.
"We've really grown to appreciate what that show is about, how it makes people laugh and smile during hard times. We want to thank you all for being so loyal, and we hope you enjoy our spot on the Superbowl (sic) this Sunday. We had a blast doing this. Thank you."
Stamos, who has worked with Dannon in the past, told Good Morning America that he asked if his "brothers" could join him in this year's Super Bowl spot to make it extra special. A commercial tease was released last week, and five days later Dannon released Sunday's ad on YouTube. The video has already been viewed more than 2 million times.
Since their time on "Full House," each cast member has participated in other pursuits, while remaining in touch with one another.
Stamos has appeared on other hit television shows such as "ER" and few episodes of "Glee." He also recently appeared on "Late Night" with Jimmy Fallon to perform with Jesse and the Rippers, the fictional "Full House" band headed by Uncle Jesse. Saget was the host of "America's Funniest Home Videos" and has since been pursued controversial stand-up comedy. Coulier also pursued the comedy route and has since established his own organization, Clean Guys of Comedy — a group of clean comics.
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Children in foster care need this one thing...
- Utahn on 'Biggest Loser' gets another chance...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 16
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex 9
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the... 9
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere 5
- A community of theater: Utah theater... 2