Mother responds to 'I look down on young women with husbands and kids' viral blog post
Until someone lives the life of a deliberate mother — or at least spends a significant amount of time with one — he or she simply will not understand how beautiful this experience really is. Not everyone wants to live the same way I do, and I can respect that, but no matter how many people try to tell me that the work I am doing as a wife and a mother is worthless, I will always know the truth.
I am grateful for the chance I have to use my voice.
And, yes, I’m grateful for voices who challenge what we believe and give us the opportunity to speak about what we know is right.
If you haven’t yet, I challenge you to make some time to read the articles linked above and then take this opportunity to respectfully use your voice to emphasize the value that both men and women bring to a family. Whether it’s through a discussion with your children, a post on social media, an entry in your journal or a formal statement written on your own blog (please link to those below in the Comments), each voice is critical.
When our children look back at what has been written — when they look back and see how our history was shaped — they need to see our voices in there, reminding them that family means everything.
QUESTION: Has this post by Amy Glass inspired you to use your voice?
CHALLENGE: It’s common for negative posts about motherhood to go viral, but we, as deliberate mothers can help to put excellent, family-strengthening ideas into the social networks. Take a moment today to share a post — either from Power of Moms or another site you love — and do your part to make your voice heard.
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- Want your marriage to last? Have another child
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- U.S. kids react — hilariously —...
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy reacts...
- 'Once I Was a Beehive' gets national release
- UTubers: Al Fox Carraway talks about...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 14
- Parents using infertility treatment to... 7
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 5
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 5