CEDAR HILLS, Utah County — The city will host an emergency management town hall meeting next week.
The meeting will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, at the Cedar Hills Community Recreation Center, 10640 N. Clubhouse Drive.
Peter Quittner, Utah Valley emergency manager, will present information from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and other national resources. Local fire and police representatives will be available to answer questions. Also, the latest personal and community preparedness information will be presented, including local emergency plans, emergency communications and free "Be Ready" pamphlets.
The city is inviting a representative from every household to attend the meeting. For more information, contact the city's emergency management coordinator, Laurie Petersen, at email@example.com or 801-785-9668, ext. 104.
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Draper house explodes into flames (+videos)
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Head-on collision kills 2, injures 3 in Eagle...
- Student attitudes changing on healthy school...
- Rare cancer treatment leaves Provo teen hopeful
- Deseret News Classic: Marathon, half...
- Levan wildfire burns 'well over 1,000' acres...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Union Pacific train makes special... 15
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 15
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 14
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 12