LAYTON — Layton Communities That Care will host a Suicide Prevention Town Hall meeting later this month.
The meeting is 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at Northridge High School, 2430 N. Hill Field Road.
The organization has partnered with the Northern Utah HOPE (Hold On Persuade Empower) Suicide Prevention Task Force, Hill Air Force Base, Davis Behavioral Health, Davis County Health Department, Intermountain Healthcare, Veterans Affairs, and the Layton Police Department on efforts to prevent suicide and help those who have lost loved ones.
In Davis County in 2012, 51 people committed suicide, or nealry 18 out of every 100,000 people, according to a news release from Communities That Care.
Parents, civic leaders, academic leaders and faculty, faith-based leaders and any others interested in learning more about the issue of suicide are encouraged to attend.
Attendees will receive information from local civic leaders; hear from a survivor; learn tools and strategies about how to recognize the warning signs and take action to make a difference in a life; learn about and meet with community resources; and learn about Hope Squads for high schools.
Youths who need to make up a “U” in citizenship can do so by attending the meeting with their parents or guardian.
No registration is necessary. For more information, contact Karlene Kidman, Layton Communities That Care coordinator, at email@example.com or 801-668-3499.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 25
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Granite School District reaches... 17