LAYTON — Layton Communities That Care will host a Suicide Prevention Town Hall meeting later this month.
The meeting is 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at Northridge High School, 2430 N. Hill Field Road.
The organization has partnered with the Northern Utah HOPE (Hold On Persuade Empower) Suicide Prevention Task Force, Hill Air Force Base, Davis Behavioral Health, Davis County Health Department, Intermountain Healthcare, Veterans Affairs, and the Layton Police Department on efforts to prevent suicide and help those who have lost loved ones.
In Davis County in 2012, 51 people committed suicide, or nealry 18 out of every 100,000 people, according to a news release from Communities That Care.
Parents, civic leaders, academic leaders and faculty, faith-based leaders and any others interested in learning more about the issue of suicide are encouraged to attend.
Attendees will receive information from local civic leaders; hear from a survivor; learn tools and strategies about how to recognize the warning signs and take action to make a difference in a life; learn about and meet with community resources; and learn about Hope Squads for high schools.
Youths who need to make up a “U” in citizenship can do so by attending the meeting with their parents or guardian.
No registration is necessary. For more information, contact Karlene Kidman, Layton Communities That Care coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-668-3499.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 63
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8