LAYTON — Layton Communities That Care will host a Suicide Prevention Town Hall meeting later this month.
The meeting is 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at Northridge High School, 2430 N. Hill Field Road.
The organization has partnered with the Northern Utah HOPE (Hold On Persuade Empower) Suicide Prevention Task Force, Hill Air Force Base, Davis Behavioral Health, Davis County Health Department, Intermountain Healthcare, Veterans Affairs, and the Layton Police Department on efforts to prevent suicide and help those who have lost loved ones.
In Davis County in 2012, 51 people committed suicide, or nealry 18 out of every 100,000 people, according to a news release from Communities That Care.
Parents, civic leaders, academic leaders and faculty, faith-based leaders and any others interested in learning more about the issue of suicide are encouraged to attend.
Attendees will receive information from local civic leaders; hear from a survivor; learn tools and strategies about how to recognize the warning signs and take action to make a difference in a life; learn about and meet with community resources; and learn about Hope Squads for high schools.
Youths who need to make up a “U” in citizenship can do so by attending the meeting with their parents or guardian.
No registration is necessary. For more information, contact Karlene Kidman, Layton Communities That Care coordinator, at email@example.com or 801-668-3499.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10