LAYTON — Layton Communities That Care will host a Suicide Prevention Town Hall meeting later this month.
The meeting is 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25, at Northridge High School, 2430 N. Hill Field Road.
The organization has partnered with the Northern Utah HOPE (Hold On Persuade Empower) Suicide Prevention Task Force, Hill Air Force Base, Davis Behavioral Health, Davis County Health Department, Intermountain Healthcare, Veterans Affairs, and the Layton Police Department on efforts to prevent suicide and help those who have lost loved ones.
In Davis County in 2012, 51 people committed suicide, or nealry 18 out of every 100,000 people, according to a news release from Communities That Care.
Parents, civic leaders, academic leaders and faculty, faith-based leaders and any others interested in learning more about the issue of suicide are encouraged to attend.
Attendees will receive information from local civic leaders; hear from a survivor; learn tools and strategies about how to recognize the warning signs and take action to make a difference in a life; learn about and meet with community resources; and learn about Hope Squads for high schools.
Youths who need to make up a “U” in citizenship can do so by attending the meeting with their parents or guardian.
No registration is necessary. For more information, contact Karlene Kidman, Layton Communities That Care coordinator, at email@example.com or 801-668-3499.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 123
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9