How social liberalism affects the social class structure
Ross Douthat, a columnist for the New York Times, recently published an article that examined how social liberalism can impact the social class structure. In the piece, Douthat examined how the decisions and beliefs of the liberal elite created a culture that doesn’t benefit all social classes — creating the idea of a “class war.”
"What I’m describing isn’t literally a class war," wrote Douthat. "But it really does have winners. And they’re the ones most likely to insist, with great passion and conviction, that we can’t possibly learn anything from the social rules and laws and norms that held sway in America’s more equal and more mobile past."
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Utah job forecast better than most states
- Clean up your finances by tossing paper,...
- A Closer Look: Your (online) life after death
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on state...
- The market power of pumpkin spice
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- These are America's 10 poorest congressmen 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Save money by replacing appliances that... 1
- Retail sales are up since last month 1