How social liberalism affects the social class structure
Ross Douthat, a columnist for the New York Times, recently published an article that examined how social liberalism can impact the social class structure. In the piece, Douthat examined how the decisions and beliefs of the liberal elite created a culture that doesn’t benefit all social classes — creating the idea of a “class war.”
"What I’m describing isn’t literally a class war," wrote Douthat. "But it really does have winners. And they’re the ones most likely to insist, with great passion and conviction, that we can’t possibly learn anything from the social rules and laws and norms that held sway in America’s more equal and more mobile past."
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- Cantwell targets small business loan gender gap
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- It's about time the government... 6
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3