How social liberalism affects the social class structure
Ross Douthat, a columnist for the New York Times, recently published an article that examined how social liberalism can impact the social class structure. In the piece, Douthat examined how the decisions and beliefs of the liberal elite created a culture that doesn’t benefit all social classes — creating the idea of a “class war.”
"What I’m describing isn’t literally a class war," wrote Douthat. "But it really does have winners. And they’re the ones most likely to insist, with great passion and conviction, that we can’t possibly learn anything from the social rules and laws and norms that held sway in America’s more equal and more mobile past."
- 9 reasons you may never retire
- 25 richest states in America
- Wal-Mart vs. Target: Wal-Mart ups ante on...
- 4 reasons it pays to be thin and assertive,...
- How the 'world's best counterfeiter' got away...
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make
- Creative kitchen remodel ideas for every budget
- Homes sales down in Salt Lake County for...
- The marriage between economic success... 5
- Charity, it does a body good 3
- 5 questions to ask on the way to the ER 3
- Stocks mostly lower as oil sinks,... 2
- Churches preach against payday loans,... 2
- This billionaire is going to die broke... 2
- Consumers believe Utah economy is... 2
- Top 10 money mistakes new parents make 2