How social liberalism affects the social class structure
Ross Douthat, a columnist for the New York Times, recently published an article that examined how social liberalism can impact the social class structure. In the piece, Douthat examined how the decisions and beliefs of the liberal elite created a culture that doesn’t benefit all social classes — creating the idea of a “class war.”
"What I’m describing isn’t literally a class war," wrote Douthat. "But it really does have winners. And they’re the ones most likely to insist, with great passion and conviction, that we can’t possibly learn anything from the social rules and laws and norms that held sway in America’s more equal and more mobile past."
- The best Black Friday deals of 2014
- Can a cash grocery budget save you money?
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- BLACK FRIDAY LIVE: Protests, beer and prison
- Which home improvements give the best ROI?
- 6 steps to better budgeting
- What women can do to prepare for retirement
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest... 12
- Immigration reform will boost the... 8
- In our opinion: Fear, intentions can... 7
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- What women can do to prepare for... 3
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best... 2
- 5 ways to talk about money with your... 2