Is believing in God personal or a part of something bigger?
Believing in God isn’t something that should be considered personal, according to writer Christopher Abel of Relevant Magazine. He said that believing in God isn’t trying to make life into something bigger than it is, but rather understanding that a person’s life is about something bigger and meaningful.
“There's a tendency in our culture, and often in the Church, as well, to say that our faith is something personal, something just between us and God,” Abel wrote. “I think God never intended for my life to be about me and your life to be about you — like two unique snowflakes melting alone on the ground. Rather, God intended for our lives to be meshed and grinding forward toward something purposeful.”
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- LDS statement could move Utah... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12
- Republican White House maybes court... 8