Is believing in God personal or a part of something bigger?
Believing in God isn’t something that should be considered personal, according to writer Christopher Abel of Relevant Magazine. He said that believing in God isn’t trying to make life into something bigger than it is, but rather understanding that a person’s life is about something bigger and meaningful.
“There's a tendency in our culture, and often in the Church, as well, to say that our faith is something personal, something just between us and God,” Abel wrote. “I think God never intended for my life to be about me and your life to be about you — like two unique snowflakes melting alone on the ground. Rather, God intended for our lives to be meshed and grinding forward toward something purposeful.”
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5