Raising a kind daughter begins in the home, according to Kari Kubiszyn Kampakis, a writer for The Huffington Post. Kampakis tells the story of her daughter’s campaign to be on the student council and how a friendly competitor, Anne, not only helped her win, but was congratulatory toward her once Kampakis’ daughter, Ella, won. She said the kindness showed by Anna was because of the way she was raised at home, Kampakis said.
“Kindness among young girls doesn't start on the playground or in the locker room — it starts at home,” Kampakis wrote. “Most notably, it starts with kind mothers raising kind daughters. Our girls see how we treat our friends. They also notice how we treat their friends.”
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- 4-year-old boy gets new ear with aid of a 3-D...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- Co-pilot who reportedly crashed plane into...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Dramatic increase in Alzheimer's... 24
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 13
- CDC: Uninsured drop by 11M since... 10
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6